Voice search Trends 2019
Voice Search trends in 2019
118 Million Smart Speakers in US
Voice Search is here to stay. Find out what are the latest Voice Search Trends for 2019. Did you know that there are 118 million smart speakers operating in US homes alone?
I am yet to find any data showing figures for Australia but will update this article as soon as I find some.
Is voice search something you use often?
What devices do use while voice searching?
For me personally, voice search is not really as efficient as I would like. Of course this may have something to do with the fact that I have a (cough, cough) slight Polish accent. In my opinion Siri & Google Voice Assistant are not learning fast enough. I still get all sort of bizarre answers when trying to speak to my devices and get some answers.
My kids are better voice searchers than I am and I have to say it frustrate me very much.
As a result of it still being quite a painful process for me personally I really don’t utilise it very much. But as a marketer I need to know what the buzz is about and how it will effect my future SEO optimisation processes. As well as how it will impact the performance of my marketing campaigns.
It was a little surprising to hear that apparently voice search recognition is now at a 95% accuracy?! Not my experience at all but hey.
Two in five adults use voice search
I might not be the typical english speaking person but it is believed that today, two in five adults use it at least once per day. Many experts in the field estimate that by the end of 2020 as much as half of all searches will be done by voice commands rather than typing. As you can see we cannot ignore voice search.
As I am not a big fan of voice search myself but I am not surprised that 20% of searches through the Android Google App are now voice searches.
Google is working hard to speed up its new Google Assistant App so its easier and faster to use. This particular feature will be realised to public sometimes later this year.
SemRush has just realised its study on Voice Search, they took into consideration 50 thousand questions asked to 3 different voice devices.
You can view the full details on the methods behind the study in their Methodology report.
Search Voice Study Key Findings
- If your website is ranking in the top 10 organic results, it is more than likely that your answer will be featured as an answer to a particular voice search. As much as 97% answers provide by Google Assistant are results that rank on the fist page of Google.
- Your answers should be on average 40 words, this is true for all of the voice devices tested in that study.
- Make sure your page content is well structured & written, your answers need to be easy to understand (teenager level of comprehension). Find out more about the importance of quality Website content.
- Your pages need to be lighting fast as this also appears to be a factor in featuring your answers over other competitors. Check the speed of your website with these simple to use Google Tools.
- If your answers are occupying a Feature Snippet position, your answer will be featured as a result to voice search.
- Well linked pages both internally and externally are also favourite over others with not as good linking structure.
The numbers speak for themselves we are not in a position to ignore Voice Searching in 2019 and beyond. The good news is, if your website is loading fast, is well SEO optimised with good linking structure your answers are more than likely to be appear as a result for Voice Search.
Resource: SEMRUSH – Voice Search Study: Factors Influencing Search Engine Rankings in 2019
Other Web Design Related Articles
The attributes to look for when choosing a SEO consultant are the knowledge of SEO algorithms, experience in local SEO, strong analytical skills, knowledge of technical SEO, strong communication skills and an ability to stay up-to-date with the latest SEO trends.
Why Easy-to-Use Web Design is Essential for Small Businesses on the Sunshine Coast find out now from the leading Web Design Company.
Web Design for Entrepreneurs – several main reasons why entrepreneurs should have a professionally developed website.