Domain Name Registration Australia
When you register your domain with SunCoast Media, you can trust that you’re in good hands. As partners with all major domain accreditation authorities, we make the process of registering a domain name easy and hassle-free. Once you register your domain, you can start building your brand online with a range of digital services including professional email, web design, Google Advertising, Search Engine Optimisation, and Social Media Platform Management and Advertising.
Looking to scale your Australian business? Protect your brand by registering with other domain extensions like .au, .com.au, .net.au, and .org.au. If you need guidance in choosing the right domain name for your business, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is here to help you every step of the way.
Easy domain transfers
No hidden costs
Free Renewal Reminders
Free DNS Hosting
Choice of Domain Extension
Register Domain Name for your business
When you decide to put your business online, choosing the right domain name is one of the most essential things to get right.
Accredited Registrar country code top level domains cctld
This is the first thing by which your business will be recognised online, choosing the correct domain name is a key element for your new website, so ensure your domain name not only fits your business but is also easily recognised and easy to promote over the internet.
What to consider when on the hunt for the perfect domain name by agent admin
When choosing a new domain name for your business, it’s important to keep a few key considerations in mind. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect domain name:
Choosing the right domain name
Your domain name is not just your business name but will also become the url that your customers and visitors will use to access your website. It should be something that is easy to remember to help your followers share your online presents. Try to avoid commonly used terms or the generic terms. A unique domain name is undoubtedly easy to identify and makes your business stand out from the crowd.
Keep it short and simple
A shorter, simpler domain name is easier to remember and type, which can make it more effective for your business.
Make it easy to spell
Avoid using words that are commonly misspelled or hard to spell, as this can make it difficult for people to find your website.
Make it memorable
Choose a domain name that is memorable and stands out from the competition.
Avoid using hyphens
Hyphens can be confusing and may be difficult for people to remember, which can make it harder for them to find your website.
Consider your branding
Choose a domain name that aligns with your brand and helps to establish your online identity.
Protect your brand
If you have a well-known brand, you may want to consider registering multiple variations of your domain name to protect it.
Consider the long-term
Choose a domain name that you can see yourself using for the long-term, as it can be expensive and time-consuming to change it later on.
If you run your business only in a particular location, it would be beneficial to include that location in your domain name. Your domain name would serve as your address and it would be easier for your local customers to locate and remember your website.
Domain extensions are the suffix at the end of the domain name like, ‘.Net’ ‘.Info’, ‘.Au’ etc. Domain extension or ccTLD (country code top-level domain) extension can turn out to be a good choice. For example, if you are a business based in Australia you should use a .com.au extension, this will assist in getting recognised in Australia efficiently. Once you have an active ABN, you will be able to purchase a .com.au domain.
Research your competition
Getting research done about your competitors is critical in any business. Thus, while choosing a domain name you should research what domain your competitors or business with similar services are using and the response they get through it.
Avoid trademarked domain names
Over the internet, there are numerous domain names that are trademarked by various companies. Therefore, while choosing a domain name you should be sure that the domain name you are choosing is free from any of such issues and make sure you’re not infringing anyone’s trademark.
Be one of a kind
For your domain name to be novel you should make sure that it does not match or is not too similar to any domain names already in existence. This might be easy to say but is not that easy in a reality.
Social Media Availability
Social platforms are now one of the biggest sources of websites promotion. Hence it is important to make sure that the domain name you are choosing is also available on the leading social platforms so that your establish brand consistency.
It’s also important to consider the cost of domain name registration and renewal fees, as well as any additional features or services that may be included in the package. Look for a reputable domain name registration provider that offers a variety of options and good customer support.
Domain Name Registration
It is not hard to choose your Domain Name but there are several factors to remember when going through the process. Contact us if you need a hand with deciding on your domain name otherwise search below to see if your ideal domain name is available.
There are several reasons why a business might want to register a new domain name:
- To establish an online presence: A domain name is the first step in establishing an online presence for your business. It allows customers to find you online and helps to build your brand.
- To improve search engine rankings: Choosing a domain name that includes relevant keywords can help improve your search engine rankings, making it easier for customers to find you online.
- To protect your brand: Registering a domain name can help protect your brand by preventing others from using it.
- To improve customer trust: Having a professional domain name, such as a .com extension, can help improve customer trust in your business.
- To improve marketing efforts: A well-chosen domain name can be an effective marketing tool, helping to attract customers and drive traffic to your website.
- To improve email communication: A custom domain name can make your business look more professional when communicating with customers via email.
- To change your business name: If you change the name of your business, you may want to register a new domain name to reflect the new name.
- To expand your business: If you’re planning to expand your business, you may want to register a new domain name to reflect the expanded scope of your business.
There are a few situations where you may want to consider transferring your domain registration to another provider:
- Poor customer service: If you’re not satisfied with the level of customer service you’re receiving from your current provider, it may be time to consider switching to a provider that offers better support.
- High renewal fees: If your current provider is charging high renewal fees for your domain registration, you may be able to find a better deal by transferring your registration to a different provider.
- Lack of features: If your current provider doesn’t offer the features or services you need, such as email hosting or website building tools, it may be time to consider switching to a provider that offers more comprehensive services.
- Security concerns: If you’re worried about the security of your domain registration with your current provider, it may be worth considering transferring to a provider that has a good reputation for security.
- Company change: If you’ve changed the name of your business or rebranded, you may want to consider transferring your domain registration to a provider that can better support your new branding efforts.
Before transferring your domain registration to a new provider, it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable provider that offers the features and services you need. It’s also a good idea to make sure you understand any fees or terms associated with the transfer process before making the move.